Somebody asked on Twitter the other day about what it takes to get set up with TrainerRoad and the Sufferfest together. Since April 1 is Sufferlandrian National Day, I thought I should get this out today.
Here are the steps:
- Get the right gear. Bike, Trainer, ANT+ USB stick, and one or more of the following ANT+ wireless devices: Power meter, heart rate strap, speed/cadence sensor. Or a CompuTrainer
- Sign up for and install TrainerRoad
- Get Connected. here’s a video for setting up a CompuTrainer: Computrainer setup video
- Set your FTP. If you know it already, just enter it when you create your account. Otherwise, do the 8 minute test or 20 Minute Test to have TrainerRoad calculate it for you. The names are unfortunate because they are both 1 hour long workouts.
- Buy and download a Sufferfest video.
- Choose the Sufferfest workout in the TrainerRoad app. The easiest way to find it is just type the name or type “Sufferfest” in the search bar above the workouts.
- Drop in the video or browse to the video.
- Start Suffering.
Share this Post
Train Smart, Get Fast.
Learn how to become a faster cyclist. Sign up now to receive six emails with free cycling advice from Chad Timmerman, a USA Level I certified cycling coach.