Special Guest 4iiii’s Scott Cooper joins the team to discuss all things power meters, including how power meters are made, calibration, and what the future of power meters may look like. Tune in to hear Scott’s insights in episode 229 of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast!
More show notes and discussion in the TrainerRoad Forum.
Topics covered in this episode
- What is inside a power meter?
- How are power meters calibrated in the factory?
- Can the power meter calibration change?
- The difference between zero offset and calibration
- What makes carbon harder to install a power meter on?
- How does temperature affect the zero offset of a power meter?
- The future of cycling power meters
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.
Full Transcription of Podcast
Please note this is an automated transcription and is prone to error. If you have any questions, please reference the timestamps in the podcast or video for further clarification. If you have additional questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this Post
Train Smart, Get Fast.
Learn how to become a faster cyclist. Sign up now to receive six emails with free cycling advice from Chad Timmerman, a USA Level I certified cycling coach.