The psychological and physical benefits of openers, what role pain tolerance plays in performance, how to increase confidence and speed in descents, plus your live questions will all be covered in Episode 211 of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast.
More show notes and discussion in the TrainerRoad Forum.
Topics covered in this episode
- Analyzing Coach Jonathan’s Performance at Tahoe Trail 100
- How to nail perfect pacing
- Can you absorb more than 90g of carbs per hour?
- How to transition to cyclocross season
- How your body turns food into energy
- Everything you needed to know about aerobic metabolism
- Should you mix VO2 and threshold intervals in the same workout?
- How to get big legs
- Advantages and disadvantages of wheel-off trainers
- The psychological and physiological effects of openers
- How to train for Enduro
- Variability Index explained
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.
Full Transcription of Podcast
Please note this is an automated transcription and is prone to error. If you have any questions, please reference the timestamps in the podcast or video for further clarification. If you have additional questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Transcription to be added after recording.
Share this Post
Train Smart, Get Fast.
Learn how to become a faster cyclist. Sign up now to receive six emails with free cycling advice from Chad Timmerman, a USA Level I certified cycling coach.