Sofía Gomez Villafañe is the current XCO and STXC National Champion of Argentina and a rising star in the sport of Cross-Country mountain biking. She’s a relative newcomer to the sport and still maintains a part-time job while training and racing full-time for the Stans-Pivot Pro Team p/b Maxxis.
More show notes and discussion in the TrainerRoad Forum.
Topics covered in this episode
- Sofia’s ideal dinner for the night before a race
- How to deal with different sleep environments
- Morning routines on race day
- Do pancakes make you faster?
- Ride or Drive to the venue?
- Sofia’s warmup routine
- Should you warmup on the trainer or on the road?
- When to pre-ride the course
- How Sofia gets “in the zone”
- How Cardi B makes Sofia Faster
- Sofia’s Sea Otter race recap
- Where is Sofia’s favorite place to ride?
- What Sofia indulges in when she experiences success
- What Sofia has worked on the most recently in her racing
- How to balance racing, work, and school
- What Sofia wishes she did more of when she began racing
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.
Share this Post
Train Smart, Get Fast.
Learn how to become a faster cyclist. Sign up now to receive six emails with free cycling advice from Chad Timmerman, a USA Level I certified cycling coach.