Join us for a discussion on how to break through fitness plateaus, how people do VO2 Max intervals wrong, and a tactics discussion on how to win a bike race without a team. Episode 166 of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast is coming right up!
Topics covered in this episode
- Race analysis of Tahoe Trail 100
- Why getting stuck behind slower riders may be a good thing
- How to deal with hot weather in a race
- What to do if your FTP is not increasing
- When it’s good to be a heavier rider
- Why power to weight ratio isn’t everything
- How to lose weight and get more fit
- Why maintaining fitness can be tricky to measure
- Why all Training Stress is not the same
- Why you could be doing VO2 Max intervals wrong
- How VO2 Max work can improve aerobic and anaerobic stores
- Why excessive heat isn’t a good match with intense training
- How to implement heat training into your plan
- How heat training can help performance at altitude
- How to fuel for 24 hour races
- How to win a bike race without a team
- How tactics change when you don’t know your competition
- Does carb loading make you gain fat?
- How to fit more training into less time
- How long should a pull last?
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.
Share this Post
Train Smart, Get Fast.
Learn how to become a faster cyclist. Sign up now to receive six emails with free cycling advice from Chad Timmerman, a USA Level I certified cycling coach.