2019’s first Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast Episode is all about finding the right training, sticking to it through challenges and optimizing your performance along the way to your next A Race. Tune in live and bring your questions!
More show notes and discussion in the TrainerRoad Forum.
Topics covered in this episode
- A guide to picking the right training plan
- Most important factors in deciding how to train for a race
- Best training plans for every type of racing
- How to shorten a training plan
- How to adjust a training plan for time off
- Why cross-training may actually make you a slower cyclist
- Pacing without power
- How to use saunas in your training
- Are ice baths actually beneficial?
- Is Bikram Yoga a good idea for cyclists?
- Signs that you need to include gym work in your training
- How to manage weight like a cyclist
Links Mentioned in this episode
- Sweet Spot Base 2: https://www.trainerroad.com/cycling/plans/148-sweet-spot-base-mid-volume-ii
- Baxter Workout: https://www.trainerroad.com/cycling/workouts/1261-baxter
- Dr. Rhonda Patrick: https://www.foundmyfitness.com/episodes/biohacker-summit-2016
- Smith Machine: https://www.fitnessfactory.com/home-gyms/smith-machines/
- How to Fix Knee Injuries for Cyclists: https://forum.trainerroad.com/t/how-to-fix-knee-injuries-for-cyclists/6166
- Food Scale: https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Stainless-Digital-Batteries-Included/dp/ B06X9NQ8GX/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1546536343&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=food+scale&psc=1
- Bonelli Park XC course: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3GQLkL29ag
- Fontana XC course: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABI7kDozhC4
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.
Share this Post
Train Smart, Get Fast.
Learn how to become a faster cyclist. Sign up now to receive six emails with free cycling advice from Chad Timmerman, a USA Level I certified cycling coach.