Join us live for a discussion on whether intermittent fasting is good for endurance training, how to use lab test data to improve performance, why Sweetspot training is so hard and much more. Episode 194 is live this Thursday at 8:00am Pacific!
More show notes and discussion in the TrainerRoad Forum.
Topics covered in this episode
- How Nate won an MTB race in the Expert Category
- What we learned at a mountain bike skills clinic
- Why cross-training doesn’t always help you get faster
- What Jonathan and Chad learned from a weeklong backcountry skiing training camp
- How to plan for multiple races in one day
- Tips to get upgrade points
- Does intermittent fasting work for cyclists?
- Are fasted workouts considered intermittent fasting?
- Why intermittent fasting is so misunderstood
- Is laboratory testing actually useful?
- What your VO2max data means for performance
- How to use body fat and resting metabolic rate data
- Why Sweetspot training is so hard
Links Mentioned in this episode
- How to Become a Faster Mountain Biker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GAaheigvgg
- Race Analysis videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrKJ0zeMQrI5Bj3IUaHX0VPjNthpfFNhD
- Dr. Jason Fung’s website: https://idmprogram.com/
- The new TrainerRoad Reviews page: https://www.trainerroad.com/reviews
- Search for DEXA on our SoundCloud channel: https://soundcloud.com/search?q=trainerroad%20dexa
- Carpathian Peak +2 workout: https://www.trainerroad.com/cycling/workouts/108188-carpathian-peak-2
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.
Share this Post
Train Smart, Get Fast.
Learn how to become a faster cyclist. Sign up now to receive six emails with free cycling advice from Chad Timmerman, a USA Level I certified cycling coach.