Norman Banick is a Kona veteran and a previous Ironman winner. This year he is using his experience with consistent training, nutrition, and equipment to be faster than ever. Tune in to learn from Norman’s experience as he prepares for IRONMAN World Championships.
More show notes and discussion in the TrainerRoad Forum.
Topics covered in this episode
- What it feels like to win an IronMan
- Can athletes be successful on a mid-volume plan?
- How Norman started racing triathlons
- Norman’s pre-race nutrition plan
- Positioning and pacing for the swim
- Norman’s equipment checklist
- How Norman heat trained for Kona
- Norman’s takeaways from his previous Ironman World Championship
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.
Full Transcription of Podcast
Please note this is an automated transcription and is prone to error. If you have any questions, please reference the timestamps in the podcast or video for further clarification. If you have additional questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this Post
Train Smart, Get Fast.
Learn how to become a faster cyclist. Sign up now to receive six emails with free cycling advice from Chad Timmerman, a USA Level I certified cycling coach.