Join us at 8:00am PDT Thursday, March 29 for another special episode of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast – a live Q&A on stage racing and road race tactics with Marc Pro Cycling’s Dave Christenson.
Topics covered in this episode
- How to recover between stages in the same day
- What type of fitness is needed to race in UCI races
- Can steady state riders do well in criteriums?
- Stretches and recovery methods for stage races
- How much time should road racers spend on the trainer
- How to communicate as a team in a road race
- How to conserve energy in a road race
- How to win a race from a breakaway
- How climbing road race strategy varies from flat road race strategy
- Is it normal to be sluggish after a stage race?
- What you need to know before entering a road race
- How much time should a road racing team spend together
- What American cycling needs to become more competitive
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.
Share this Post
Train Smart, Get Fast.
Learn how to become a faster cyclist. Sign up now to receive six emails with free cycling advice from Chad Timmerman, a USA Level I certified cycling coach.