Peak fitness is the end goal, but what actually happens to your body when you peak? We covered this, the different ways you can improve VO2 Max supplements vs. whole foods and much more in episode 168 of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast.
Topics covered in this episode
- Nate’s Leadville Preparation
- The best way to hold your phone during workouts
- How to inject tubeless sealant without clogging your valve stems
- Do you have to change up your workouts to get faster?
- Why progression is the most important principle to getting faster
- A deep diving on “peaking”
- What happens to your body when it peaks?
- How long can you maintain peak fitness?
- Are standing desks actually bad for athletes?
- What is the best way to improve VO2 Max?
- Whole foods vs. powders and supplements for recovery nutrition
- Why dehydration isn’t always bad for cyclists
- How big of a difference 2 lbs make on a climb.
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.
Share this Post
Train Smart, Get Fast.
Learn how to become a faster cyclist. Sign up now to receive six emails with free cycling advice from Chad Timmerman, a USA Level I certified cycling coach.