On the next episode of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast, we’ll discuss stage race pro tips that Jonathan collected at a UCI stage race, how altitude affects caloric burn, a deep dive to help you understand TSS, and much more!
More show notes and discussion in the TrainerRoad Forum.
Topics covered in this episode
- Stage Race tips from the pros
- How to stay focused during a race
- Things to know about racing multiple times per day
- Is Ribose a good recovery supplement?
- How do nitrates and nitrites affect performance?
- Are sprints at the end of a workout a bad idea?
- How cold weather, swimming, and sodium levels affect hydration
- Why does TSS drop in the Specialty Phase?
- Why chronic training load is not a good indicator of performance
- Understanding calories burned and metabolic efficiency
- Does altitude affect caloric burn?
- How to race against an unknown field
- How to race solo amongst teams
- What to expect when racing at a lower elevation
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.
Full Transcription of Podcast
Please note this is an automated transcription and is prone to error. If you have any questions, please reference the timestamps in the podcast or video for further clarification. If you have additional questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Transcription to be added after recording.
Share this Post
Train Smart, Get Fast.
Learn how to become a faster cyclist. Sign up now to receive six emails with free cycling advice from Chad Timmerman, a USA Level I certified cycling coach.