In this episode of Race Analysis, the 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo team reviews their performance at the Epic Rides team relay MTB race, sharing what they did well, what they could do better, and specific tips for this wildly popular race.
More show notes and discussion in the TrainerRoad Forum.
Topics covered in this episode
- 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo Course
- How to pass people properly on an MTB
- The logistics of 24 HOP
- How to pace a 24-hour race
- What we learned about recovering between laps
- Nutrition on and off the bike for relay racing
- Tire choice for the Arizona desert
- What to wear for a 24-hour race
- Tips and suggestions for night riding
- How our 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo came to an end
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.
Share this Post
Train Smart, Get Fast.
Learn how to become a faster cyclist. Sign up now to receive six emails with free cycling advice from Chad Timmerman, a USA Level I certified cycling coach.