Join us live for Episode 196 of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast! We’ll be doing a deep dive on rest and recovery for athletes, getting into the specifics of motorpacing and why it is a good training tool, and why short Zone 2 workouts are more valuable than you think.
More show notes and discussion in the TrainerRoad Forum.
Topics covered in this episode
- How to travel like a bike racer
- Are short Zone 2 workouts important or just filler?
- How to fit training into a busy schedule
- What is a typical schedule like for the podcast hosts?
- Why you should try
- What is the point of
- What is the difference between rest, recovery and taper weeks?
- How to get the most out of recovery weeks
- Why it’s so hard to return to training
- How to adjust your training if your goal event is delayed?
- What effect does a mid-workout break have on your fitness?
Links Mentioned in this episode
- Yeti Rambler 1 gallon jug: https://www.yeti.com/en_US/drinkware/rambler-one-gallon-jug/YRAMONEJUG.html
- Feedback sports bike stand: https://www.feedbacksports.com/product/rakk-black/
- Rain Bag by SciCon: https://us.sciconbags.com/products/shop-by/best-sellers/race-rain-bag
- Zipp Triathlon Bag: https://www.zipp.com/accessories/detail.php?ID=30035
- Zone 2 Forum Post: Are there any benefits to short Z2 workouts?
- Amy’s Lentil and Vegetible Soup:https://www.amys.com/our-foods/organic-lentil-vegetable-soup
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.
Share this Post
Train Smart, Get Fast.
Learn how to become a faster cyclist. Sign up now to receive six emails with free cycling advice from Chad Timmerman, a USA Level I certified cycling coach.