In this special episode we discussed how to use team camps to make you faster and team tactics for criteriums with Team Clif Bar Cycling.
Topics covered in this episode
- The difference between team camp and training camp
- The importance of team bonding for cyclists
- How fit are pro cyclists?
- Why power to weight doesn’t always decide a race
- What skills you need as a sprinter
- How to learn your role in a race team
- What are the different types of sprinters?
- How to use a training camp to get faster
- Why a sprinter needs teammates to attack
- How to set up a sprinter for a sprint finish
- How to know when you should attack
- How to execute a leadout train
- What it’s like to be at the front of a pro race
- How to know when you should leave your leadout train
- How to move through a pack
- How to set yourself up for a good sprint finish
- How to use course recon to help win races
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.
Share this Post
Train Smart, Get Fast.
Learn how to become a faster cyclist. Sign up now to receive six emails with free cycling advice from Chad Timmerman, a USA Level I certified cycling coach.