We’re answering more of your coaching questions on Episode 191 of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast! Join us live as we discuss testosterone’s effect on performance, mid-race mechanical strategies, Dirty Kanza training, rapid fire questions for Coach Chad and much more!
More show notes and discussion in the TrainerRoad Forum.
Topics covered in this episode
- Rapid fire questions for Coach Chad
- How Coach Chad comes up with the workout text in TrainerRoad
- Coach Chad’s process for creating workouts
- Our bike choices for 24 HOP
- Coach Chad’s favorite books
- Tips for common mid-race mechanicals
- How to train for Dirty Kanza
- Adjusting your training plan for night-shifts
- What happens to your body during a rest week
- Testosterone’s effect on performance
- What to do if you are racing a doper
Links Mentioned in this episode
- Coach Jonathan’s Post on Knee Rehab: https://forum.trainerroad.com/t/how-to-fix-knee-injuries-for-cyclists/6166
- 10 Cycling Books To Help You Achieve Your Training Goals: https://blog.trainerroad.com/10-cycling-books-help-achieve-biggest-training-goals/
- Pivot Mach 429 SL: https://www.pivotcycles.com/de/bike-mach-429-sl-carbon-1
- Tubeless Tire Repair Kit: https://shop.genuineinnovations.com/collections/bicycle-tubeless-tools-accessories/products/bicycle-tubeless-tire-repair-kit
- Tire Boot Patch: https://www.parktool.com/product/emergency-tire-boot-tb-2
- Pedros Tire Levers: https://pedros.com/products/tools/wheel-and-tire/tire-levers/
- Criterium Specialty Plan: https://www.trainerroad.com/cycling/plans/175-criterium-mid-volume
- The Dirty Kanza Gravel Grinder: https://dirtykanza.com/
- Global DRO:https://www.globaldro.com/Home
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.
Share this Post
Train Smart, Get Fast.
Learn how to become a faster cyclist. Sign up now to receive six emails with free cycling advice from Chad Timmerman, a USA Level I certified cycling coach.